tiistaina, kesäkuuta 20, 2006

CATTAILS IN MY COFFEE

Cattails in my Coffee, Stuart Johnson
While calmly sipping coffee of a morn,
And contemplating on why I was born,
I watch the cat climb softly to my lap
To primp and preen, then settle down to nap.

As he begins to wash his wiskery face
He will not keep his wandering tail in place.
And while it's waving wildly in the air
I try to track it down--it's never there.

It wiggles to the left as I reach right
And rebounds again in rhythmic delight.
I resume my searching as it rises up,
Then comes down to coil in my coffee cup.

The tabby turns translucent eyes on me
As if to tell me, "There! now do you see?
If not for you my tail would still be dry.
Why can't you humans be as calm as I?"

And cleaning caffeine off his copious fur,
He curls into a ball, begins to purr.
A call upon his dreams he plans to keep,
As he proceeds to promptly fall asleep.

4 kommenttia:

Mette kirjoitti...

Tunnet kai Eliotin "Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats"? Josta tehtiin "Cats"-musikaali? Runot löytyvät googlaamalla hakusanalla "Old Possum's book"; osoite on niin pitkä, ettei se suostunut toimimaan tässä kommenttilaatikossa.

The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter,
It isn't just one of your holiday games;
You may think at first I'm as mad as a hatter
When I tell you, a cat must have THREE DIFFERENT NAMES.

Ja niin edelleen.

Foxy kirjoitti...
Blogin hallinnoija on poistanut tämän kommentin.
Foxy kirjoitti...

hurmaavan kevyt kissanhäntä

(haastoin sinut muuten tarinameemiin, mutta tod näk ehkä et ole sitä huomannut, se kun on tippunut jo niin alhaalle sivulla

http://themostdesirables.blogspot.com
/2006/06/meemiz-tarina.html)

: )

TA-MIIT kirjoitti...

Eliotin kirja on tuttu, rakastan ihan tajuttomasti sitä Owl and Pussycat - runoa ja olen ominut sen yhdeksi minun ja kultani rakkausrunoista! Saattaa olla että bloggaan jossain vaiheessa tuosta runosta kun se on niin ihana. Miss Foxy, meemi vastaanotettu!